Generally an Associate degree program is a 2-year degree, like those offered at community colleges. After getting in an associate’s degree, you normally need another 2 years or 60 credit hours to earn a bachelor’s (college) degree, or you can go into the workforce at an entry level position. Several associate’s degrees are available online, allowing you to study whenever or wherever you want. Indeed, according to the National Center for Education Statistics, over half of all degrees earned online are associate’s degrees; this means you are not alone.
Typically, an Associate Degree is a form of undergraduate degree, which requires a minimum of 60 semester credit hours. The program consists of three divisions: general education requirements, major requirements, and electives. You can finish an online associate degree at your own pace and convenience; full-time study is the same as 4 semesters or 2 years (15 semester credit hours). Accelerated online associate degree programs are also available. Online associate degrees are equivalent to on-campus or in-classroom associate degrees, but the degree can be taken completely through the Internet or by distance learning.
Benefits of an Online Associate Degree:
- Convenience – Getting your associate degree online means you can learn and study from the comfort & convenience of your own house or office or wherever you are.
- Cost Effective – You save a lot money as you don’t have to spend on transit. And with gas prices the way they are, this adds up to a considerable quantity!
- Flexibility – When you’re a part of a distance-learning program you can attend classes when it’s convenient for you, whenever you want.
- Effective – You’re able to communicate more easily with your instructors through email, voice and video chat. Many students find that learning online is more focused and effective because there are no distractions and you get more attention.
- Easy and Simple – You can still transfer your credits to other schools, as long as you’re enrolled at institution that is accredited.
Earn your Associate Degree Online
Diploma Tree can help you earn your associate degree at your local community or junior college. The diploma you obtain upon completion of the degree indicates that you have an extensive base in general education with special training in one particular field. An associate degree is typically earned in a specific vocational field for example medical assistance or in liberal arts.
Getting a well paying job in the field of your interest is much better with an Associate Degree. For example, an Applied Science is preferred over a liberal arts degree by most employers. An associate degree in liberal arts is a good degree if you are looking to earn a bachelors degree.